Monday, October 15, 2007

Back to Normal

Okay, okay...so I'm not what most would consider "normal" but I am back on my feet - my glorious FEET! - no longer needing to remain horizontal on my bed or the living room couch being tended to by Mom (I love my mother!) and my wonderful, devoted husband (love him, too!). My spinal headache subsided gradually over Saturday and I woke up Sunday morning with zero pain in my head and this morning I had zero pain in my back. What a drastic change! Thank GOD!!!

And, thank you to all of you who prayed and encouraged us throughout the looooong two week process while I was on bedrest. Again, I can't thank Mom, Michael (my taller/younger brother) and Brian enough for being such great nurses. They took care of me, a horizontal blob, our newborn, nonstop pooper/eater, and our three older children, energy-filled-limit-testing-while-Grandma-visits kids, for two long weeks and they were nice the WHOLE time!!! Not to forget all the family and friends that called and emailed to make sure I was still alive. Oh, and to Jenny for taking Isaac for that Monday afternoon (man, it was quiet that afternoon...maybe there's a connection???) and to Fletch and Sherry for the great flea market toys for the kids and to Suzette, Terry and Bob who came over to pray. And, (last "and" I promise!) to my sister for the beautiful flowers she sent to the house - ah, something pretty to look at while I laid on my bed. The kids were thrilled with their very own balloons.

I think that is everyone - if you did something wonderfully nice for my family in the past two weeks and I have failed to mention you by name I will just blame it on the drugs. Pain pills. Lots of pain pills.

So, I am 100% today after a pain-filled couple of weeks. Whew! Thank you GOD for your healing touch and for hearing the prayers of your people. You still work wonders among us in Jesus name.

Final words, as Noah is crying to eat AGAIN - for all of you that offered a meal while we learn to juggle four kids we would really appreciate the help.

1 comment:

Mon said...

That "Mom"...I don't think any of us could live without her.One very good reason for me not to move very far away ;)
I am so glad you are feeling better! Hope to see you all soon.