Friday, October 05, 2007

sagging of the brain.

Ouch is what I thought when I read the likely cause of Lori's severe head ache, it's a common side effect when you have an epidural. Anytime one inserts a 1/8 inch diameter needle into the spinal column there is the possibility of fluid leakage which causes a pressure drop in the spinal column fluid which is also the fluid that cushions the brain. So the brain actually "sags" a little, and the pressure of the brain resting against the bottom of the skull results in a terrible headache that worsens when the person stands up. Because Lori was stuck 3 times with the big needle, one of which a blood vessel was ruptured, her chances of fluid leakage were tripled. Also anytime bleeding is involved the pressure from the blood forces spinal fluid out of the column. So my poor wife has been laid up in bed, and feels like she is missing out on this special time with the new baby and the rest of the kids. So... those are the circumstances surrounding her current condition. With that said please say a prayer for Lori to recover, she is in a lot of pain. Noah is doing great and I'm hanging in there thanks to all the help from Lori's mom. Talk to you all soon. Brian.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I absolutely feel for you guys!!! I have had migraines before and so I can only imagine the pain.

You will be in my prayers.

I am so glad Mrs.M is there!! Say "hi" to her for me. I wish I could be there physically too... to bring you a meal or something!

Mon said...

I am praying for healing from God. He is the great physician that we can trust will come through for us. Hang in there Lori. I know how those headaches feel, though not continously for days. Headaches are probably most difficult thing to function with.

Elizabeth said...

Hey Guys! Any updates?

Anonymous said...

still sagging