Friday, October 17, 2008

Hairless Guinea Pigs - They Exist!!!

B and Piggy have allergies. This fact has prevented me from my life-long dream of having a guinea pig farm. I've joked with B that we could buy a hairless guinea pig never knowing the rodents existed...until now!



They are called skinny guinea pigs, or skinny pigs. Amazing, huh?

Here are a few fighting over a carrot...



And, no, a guinea pig farm is not my life-long dream. But, with this new found knowledge of the skinny pig it just may become a dream of mine. Juuust maybe.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm scared to watch the u tube videos.

The kids watched Charlie and Lola the other day (cutest show by the way) and it was bout guinea pigs. Guess what Corban wants now? Yep! I was like, "sorry, mommy is allergic."

It really would be nice to have a family pet... I bet they are expenseive. I just like that their poop is in one spot - a cage - versus a dog going all over my yard.

Elizabeth said...

PS And this sounds sappy, but I seriously don't know if I could handle having one and knowing it would die in several years. Finding its poor dead body one morning?

Lori said...

Guinea pigs can live nearly a decade. By the time you stumble upon its dead body you'll be ready to say good-bye - in theory anyway. I remember visiting the vet when our gray guinea pig was sick and this guy telling me about his guinea pig that lived ten years. He said it was a bit long considering he thought he had just purchased a lovely pet for his daughter to last three years or so.

I wonder how long skinny pigs live...