Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Family Update Part I - Noah

As promised a week or more ago - here's a start on an update on our little family:

Part I: Noah -

Our smallest guy is now crawling. Actually, it is more like hopping on his belly. He gets his knees under his tummy and then throws himself forward, usually planting his face right into the carpet. But, as unusual as his first crawl is, Noah is moving from toy to toy on the playroom floor without a problem...other than a mild carpet burn on his nose. I'm glad he's crawling - I think. He's been breaking out of all our bouncy seats for months now. He wiggles and twists backwards out of any sort of strap or buckle that keep less motivated babies safe and snug in their seats. Noah is all arms and hands these days. He reaches for and attempts to grab everything around him - from toys and clothes to Sophia's hair if she sits close enough to his exersauser. He's a talker with all sorts of sounds and very emotional squeaks and grunts. Keeping him quiet during the other kids' naps is nearly impossible unless he's eating. And even then he's figured out as of last week that he can make noises while eating. The kids love talking to Noah and getting such energetic responses from him. I love watching him explore and interact with the older kids but the best is when Brian gets home from work. Noah yells, squeals and reaches for Brian until his gets picked up and then once on Brian's shoulder he dives his head into the small of Brian's neck. I LOVE baby hugs! My most favorite thing with Noah at this age is having him grab my face. He laughs, smiles and kicks just over his new found ability to grab my nose. And kissing his chubby little neck to hear him laugh is another favorite. The boy is so ticklish it is unreal!
Noah's second tooth just poked through yesterday. The first came through on Good Friday, so it wasn't such a good Friday for him. He is a great baby all around. Happy as long as he's fed, has a clean diaper and snuggled a bit. He's six and a half months old and I can't believe half a year has already gone by since his arrival. The newborn phase really, REALLY does go by too quickly...but I'm enjoying my adventuresome, chubby baby just as much as that tiny newborn I had just yesterday.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, thank you for the update!!! I so wish I lived closer to you! I can't believe you have a baby that is 6.5 months old that I've never met.

I would love to see you in mothering action.... how the heck do you handle that many little ones? Please don't tell me I'll just have to find out for myself... LOL!

Lori said...

No way! You didn't get the Mother Instruction book when your kids were born??? HA! If only. Even if there was an instruction manual, what mother would have time to read the thing!!?!?!

Mon said...

I can't believe Naoh is 6 months old and crawling already! Lori is very nice to her kids and never yells very loud at them. She has a lot of self-control. I think she gets it from her mother.
Three of Ruben's teeth (2 are molars) are popping through at once. Along with this comes the extra amount of dirty diapers and wining. This last week has been a difficult week for him.

Mon said...

Noah...I meant Noah. I can spell or at least we hope so for Makayla's sake.

brittneymann said...

brittany_mann@hallsville.org yay! i remembered! hey just wanted to make sure i said thanks so much for the college support-- i think the next 4 years will be crazy but some of the best and having support from you guys means the world to me!! thank you so much!
brit