Friday, August 10, 2007

Family Meals and Variety

How do you guys - er, girls - plan meals from week to week? I am not the most accomplished cook by any means and I find myself getting pretty tired of what we eat over and over....and over again. How do you keep the variety in your meal planning?

Do you have any favorite recipes that break away from the normal meat and potatoes (or pasta and sauce in our case)???

And, does anyone know of a good website with semi-normal recipes? I am wanting a little variety, but I'm not looking for the meals requiring goat cheese and weird plants that I can't pronounce.

Thanks all!

One last thing - what gives about the disciplines of a good homemaker?!?! - I KNOW there are some fellow homemakers frequenting this blog every now and again, so out with it, woman! How do you keep it all together - faith, family, home? What are the disciplines or skills I should be working on???

3 comments:

Mon said...

Try Allrecipes.com. It's free. You can search recipes by name or search the ingrediants you have on hand. You can save your favorite recipes and rate good or bad after you made them. It's fun. You can try RecipeZaar.com also, but I don't find it as helpful.
Remeber whatever you find, you can always alter the ingrediants with things you like better or more healthy choices. I hardly ever make a recipes exactly as it reads.

Jessica Sanford said...

kraftfoods.com is a lifesaver... the recipes are very well cataloged, and they range from super simple to super fancy. It is PROBABLY one of my best friends.

Anonymous said...

You decide what meat you are having and plan the veggies around that.