Thursday, July 19, 2007

Enough Already

I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of reading Al Gore's name at the top of my blog! Time for something new - but I'm too tired to be witty or even slightly clever, so how about short and sweet instead?

Brian is on vacation this week so after a single day of fishing last weekend, we have been banging through our painting projects on the main level. With painting comes the constant migration of things from room to room as the color goes up. I can't wait for the chaos to subside - in part, so I can show people more than one half of our house at a time! "Upstairs??? You want to see the UPstairs??? - Those stairs don't really go anywhere. They're there for decoration."

So, we are more than worn out from juggling paints supplies and three children...what a perfect time to have my in-laws out to the Midwest for a long weekend visit! It should be fun. We're going to run their little Italian/Irish legs non-stop - from the Magic House to the zoo...that's about it, right??? What else is there to do with in-laws in this area? I mean, this is the Midwest...and it is July. That means we have heat, heat and humidity...and more heat..then a thunderstorm and more humidity...then humid heat. Yeah, the Midwest...in July...with my in-laws...and the heat. Good times, good times.

I have more to write but all interesting topics will have to wait for tomorrow...okay, it IS tomorrow...I must...get...sleep.

Good night, all!!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like the mall in st.louis that is by the rail road tracks or old rail road tracks. The one w/the whispering wall thing upstairs.

I also enjoyed a museam there a lot... it even had a light show. I remember buying my marine life poster there (displayed in my room when I thought I wanted to work in the rain forest or become a marine biologist)

Judy said...

I'm sure you will have a great weekend but we are going to miss you at the Lake House!!!!

Judy

Amy said...

I think Lizzytra is talking about Union station!
There is the arch...ummm...science center...and theres more but i cant think of them right now! I hope you have fun!

Lori said...

Well, we went to the Zoo and the Science Center. We are saving the Magic House for Monday...maybe.

Union Station would be cool, too...oh, and Amy, I have linked you. Hope you don't mind!!!

Missing the ladies at the Lake House this weekend!!! Hope it all is going well!