Tuesday, July 29, 2008

As I was saying...

So, Wall-E. We started the movie with great success. All kids had drinks and popcorn. We had candy boxes open and prepared to quiet the first child that ran out of popcorn. Jack was interested through the previews and then he was pretty much done. By the end of the movie we were watching him make his way down the stairs toward the front of the theatre. Sophia preferred to stand as she watched the movie - thank you, Mom, for that genetic trait. Noah was kept quiet with Cheerios and the occasional hand off to Brian. Isaac was wonderful and attentive as usual. He's a good boy. Yeah, so the movie was cute. I liked it with all the fat people rolling around - don't know why that was entertaining but it was. I really like watching a movie every now and then. "Now" being Wall-E and "Then" for us will be in another five years or so.

Oh, and there were hardly any people in the theatre with us so it was no big deal when Jack yelled, "MY POPCORN, MY POPCORN!!!" every five minutes when he'd drop his mini-cup holding his snack. If the seats had been filled I would have stressed a bit more but after seeing that the few other families were much like ours - children outnumbering adults two to one or more - I was relaxed even as Noah bounced on my still chubby tummy when the Cheerios ran out thanks to Sophia who had run out of popcorn, candy, and soda...and my popcorn and soda. Ah, we made it to the end of the movie, unlike the family a row or two ahead of us - and they only had TWO!!!

Completely off the subject - what would you describe as a "good day" with the kids??? Really, what makes you feel like you're on a roll? Aaaaaand, what makes for a "bad day" or a less-than-all-you-wanted day?

With that - I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Mon said...

I really enjoy it when Makayla and I run errands or do things by ourselves. We do almost everything as a family, unless Tim does it while I'm at work.

Elizabeth said...

Good Day: All of us just chilling and hanging out. Meals together, relaxed play outside, sitting and reading, kids take good naps, etc. OR, hanging out w/another Mom... even better yet, another mom who has kids for my kids to play with!

Bad Day: Running errands w/all three now! Aghh! Even when I take my time and just "relax"... I still don't care for it. I'd just rather be home! : - )