Thursday, November 09, 2006

Almost Home

Of course, it has been months since my last post. I'm going to stop apologizing for the hit and miss entries. We have been busy! "Blog? What blog?" Our time has been wrapped up in our amazing house search. Well, maybe not "amazing" but pretty exciting for our family. And we have a happy ending - we found a house and are set to close later this month. Whew! What a stress it is finding a house! So looooooong-term, so permanent. I can almost hear my mother saying "Yeeessss!". We are putting down roots only an hour and a half from the rest of my side of the family. We are excited and scared at the same time. This is a HUGE step for nomads like Brian and I. I think we're ready to trade our walking shoes for house slippers.
Okay, so the house - four bedrooms, two and a half baths, fireplace, basement, two car garage and a yard for the kids. It is at the end of a long cul-de-sac and located only two minutes from the main highway Brian takes to work. We have room to grow (here's to baby number four!!!) and won't be wasting any more money on rentals! To say the very least, we are excited.
Now, I am off to take the kids outside. We're having a weird warm weather week (say that five times really fast) in November. The leaves all over the yard are calling to Isaac and taunting him through our patio doors. I better get him out in the fresh air while it is still warm. I hope to write again before the holidays. Eh, we'll see...

No comments: