Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sophia - your average three year old

Isaac and Soph had a well check-up this past Thursday. Brian takes the kids for their shots. I admit it - I am a mess when it comes to shots. I can't stand holding their little arms down or any of that traumatic stuff. Brian's calm, cool and doesn't mind taking over this typically mother-zone in parenting. (Poopy diapers are another story!) So, the doctor weighed the kids - Sophia is the perfect average weight for a THREE year old. She's only 22 months. Brian forgot how old our baby girl was and had to call me. I honestly stopped counting the months with Sophie by the end of my pregnancy with Jack so Soph's been "nearly two" with me for atleast half a year. Other than the minor issue of knowing our child's age, the check-up went well. The kids are healthy and though Sophia is a big girl on the scale she doesn't look that big. I mean, my girl is chubby, but for the most part she's "thick"...picking her up is like picking up lead. The little girl doesn't look nearly as heavy as she is. Just remember to lift Sophia with your knees (Bri's says "legs") and you'll be fine.